We are seeking a communications intern for the Summer 2021 semester. This is a unique opportunity to help implement an inaugural strategic communication plan for a non-profit organization. The intern will work side-by-side with the communications director. This is an unpaid, remote position.
- Developing content for use across communication channels including website, social media, and e-newsletters. Content may include patient stories, research summaries, and advocacy updates
- Updating newly relaunched website
- Creating new LBCA materials and updating current materials
- Assisting in graphic design and video efforts. This includes video editing.
- Media and organization outreach. This includes developing contact lists.
- Tracking content performance using data analytics
- Fundraising/marketing collaborations
- Potential opportunity to assist with virtual events
- At least three years of coursework at college or university level in Health Communications, Communications, English, or another comparable degree. Graduate students are encouraged to apply.
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Ability to work virtually and independently
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Detail oriented and organized
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite. Some experience with digital media tools such as Adobe, Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Canva, Google Analytics. Knowledge of WordPress a plus.
- An understanding of and appreciation for the mission of the Lobular Breast Cancer Alliance, and cancer in general, is a plus.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and one writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, May 7, 2021.